Passage: Matthew 5:1–16
TEXT: Matthew 5:14-16
SERIES: Life in God’s Kingdom
Key word for Matthew 5:13-16: _______________.
Metaphors: Salt and Light
- The pronoun, “you,” is _______________.
- The “you” in both verses is ______________.
- The word “are” stresses _______________ rather than “doing.”
“You are the light of the world.”
- The World is in ______________..
- Jesus is the ________________ of the World.
III. We are the _____________ of the World.
- We must be _______________.
- We must provide ______________ for others.
“In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 5:16
- How does our society try to silence Christians? What can we do about it?
- What do you think is the best way to influence others with the gospel?
- Have you ever put your light under a basket? Explain.
- Which Beatitude do you want to grow more in your life?