The Joy of Persecution
Passage: Matthew 5:1–16
TEXT: Matthew 5:10-12
SERIES: Life in God’s Kingdom
Two reasons why persecution is relevant today:
- Current ___________ occurrences of persecution.
- The ______________ teaching on persecution.
“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
Point of the Passage: Life in God’s kingdom is characterized by _______________ in all circumstances which brings great blessing.
- The ____________ for Persecution.
- The _____________ to Persecution.
- Persecution shows that we are a ___________ of the kingdom of heaven.
- Persecution brings a great ___________ in heaven.
- Persecution puts us in ____________ company.
- What is the most subtle form of persecution you have experienced or seen done to other Christians?
- How does having an eternal perspective help you endure difficulties?
- How can you have joy in all circumstances, even persecution?
- Are you willing to suffer to bring Jesus and His Gospel to a lost world?