Passage: Matthew 5:1–16
TEXT: Matthew 5:13
SERIES: Life in God’s Kingdom
Key word for Matthew 5:13-16: _______________.
Metaphors: Salt and Light
- The pronoun, “you,” is _______________.
- The “you” in both verses is ______________.
- The word “are” stresses _______________ rather than “doing.”
“You are the salt of the earth.”
1. You are _______________ in the Kingdom of God.
- You are ________________ in the Kingdom of God.
“In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 5:16
- How can you be in the world but not of the world?
- What do you think is the best way to influence others with the gospel?
- How are you “useful” in the kingdom of God?
- What is the best way to make Jesus famous and not yourself or your church?