The Joy of Mourning
Passage: Matthew 5:1–5:16
TEXT: Matthew 5:4
SERIES: Life in God’s Kingdom
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.”
Point of the Passage: Life in God’s kingdom is characterized by a ______________ of godly sorrow which brings great blessing.
- Various Responses to the Awareness of Spiritual Bankruptcy.
- The make __________ of their spiritual condition.
- They __________ others for their sin.
- They do __________ for their sin.
- They try __________ to be good.
- The Right Responses to the Awareness of Spiritual Bankruptcy.
The comfort we receive is the comfort of __________.
- Why do you think that having fun is most important in any endeavor or activity in our culture?
- What do you cry about? What do you laugh about?
- How do you usually respond when you sin?
- Are you only “sorry” for your sins or are you grieved enough to forsake them?