The Problem of Anger
Passage: Ephesians 4:25–4:32
TEXT: Ephesians 4:25-32
SERIES: Ephesians: God’s Glorious Purpose for the Church
Point of the Passage: Christ followers must put off anger and put on kindness so that we bring blessing to ourselves and others.
1. Anger is a God-given _______________. v. 26a
2. Anger is not necessarily ______________. v. 26a
“Be angry and do not sin”
3. Anger must have _______________. vv. 26b-27
Boundary #1: Deal with anger in a ______________ manner.
“do not let the sun go down on your anger”
Boundary #2: Do not allow anger to make you _______________ to the devil.
“and give no opportunity to the devil”
4. _______________ anger with kindness and forgiveness. vv. 31-32
“Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another”
1. Why do you think there is so much anger being expressed today?
2. How can you tell the difference between righteous anger and unrighteous anger?
3. Do you agree or disagree that most anger comes from a selfish or prideful heart? Why?
4. How does the gospel help you deal with your anger?