The Good, Great and Chief Shepherd
Passage: Mark 6:30–6:44
TEXT: Mark 6:30-44
Jesus is the Good, Great and Chief Shepherd.
“I am the good shepherd.” John 10:14
“…our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep.” Hebrews 13:20
“And when the chief shepherd appears.” I Peter 5:4
1. Jesus is a _______________ Shepherd. vv. 30-34
“Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while…he saw a great crowd, and he had compassion on them.”
2. Jesus is a _______________ Shepherd. vv. 35-41
“And those who ate the loaves were five thousand men.”
3. Jesus is a _______________ Shepherd. vv. 42-44
“And they all ate and were satisfied.”
“Give them something to eat!”
1. How does the image of a shepherd speak to you about who Jesus is?
2. How have you experienced the compassion of Jesus in your life?
3. Do we have the conviction that Jesus can use our limited giftedness and resources to impact the lives of others?
4. Are you truly satisfied with the sufficiency of Jesus who alone can meet your deepest needs?