TEXT: Mark 14:12-26
The Last Supper was the First Communion.
The Passover symbolism:
bitter herbs = _________________________
stewed fruit = _________________________
unleavened bread = ________________________
roasted lamb = _______________________
Jesus is “Our Passover Lamb.” (1 Corinthians 5:7)
I. The Symbols of the Sacrament. vv. 22-25
1. The Bread.
“Take; this is my body.”
The bread symbolizes the _______________ of Christ
2. The Cup.
“This is my blood of the covenant.”
The cup symbolizes the _______________ of Christ.
II. The Significance of the Sacrament. 1 Corinthians 11:23-28
1. A time to _______________ Jesus Christ.
2. A time to _______________ yourself.
3. A time to be _______________ nourished.
4. A time to _______________ Jesus Christ and His Gospel.
1. If you have not read about the Passover in a while, read Exodus 12.
2. Recall an especially meaningful communion observance. What made it so?
3. When you take communion, are you sensitive to take it in a worthy manner?
4. Have you ever considered communion’s evangelistic emphasis?