Remember God's Love
December 12, 2021 Pastor: Bill Thompson Series: Peace in Turbulent Times
Passage: Luke 2:8–20
To Joseph: “…an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream saying, ‘Joseph, son of David, fear not to take Mary as your wife.’” Matthew 1:20
To Mary: “And the angel said to her, ‘Fear not, Mary, for you have found favor with God.’” Luke 1:30
To the shepherds: “And the angel said to them, ‘Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.’” Luke 2:10
- Jesus came to bring ____________, not condemnation.
“For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.” v.11
- Jesus came to bring ______________ to those who trust Him.
“Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased.” v. 14
- Jesus came to demonstrate God’s _______________ to sinners.
“But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart.” v. 19
- Why is “fear not” a big part of the Christmas story?
- How does God coming as a baby show His approachableness?
- What do you think Mary was treasuring and pondering in her heart?
- Which of the summary statements from God’s Word is most helpful to you? Why?
More in Peace in Turbulent Times
December 5, 2021Pursue Jesus
November 28, 2021Seek God's Kingdom First
November 21, 2021Pray With Thanksgiving