Pray With Thanksgiving
Passage: Philippians 4:4–9
- Anxiety is a ______________ problem.
“Do not be anxious about anything”
- ______________ is the spiritual solution to anxiety.
“But in everything by prayer and supplication…
let your requests be made known to God.”
III. Prayer with ______________ is key to overcoming anxiety.
“Prayer and supplication with thanksgiving”
- You remember God’s ______________ in the past.
- You submit to God’s ____________ in the present.
- You trust God’s _____________ for the future.
- God promises to replace anxiety with ______________.
“And the peace of God”
“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gently and lowly in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.” Matthew 11:28
- What causes you the most anxiety? Why?
- How can you know when a legitimate concern becomes sinful anxiety?
- Is it hard for you to pray when your anxious? Why? Why not?
- Why is prayer with thanksgiving so powerful for calming your fears?