TEXT: John 15:26-16:15
“I don’t want my life to be explainable without the Holy Spirit.” Frances Chan
“Attempt something so great for God that it’s doomed to failure unless
God be in it.” John Haggai
Jesus said, “It is to your advantage that I go away.” The Christian is better off with the presence of the Holy Spirit than he or she is with the presence of Jesus.
1. The Holy Spirit _______________ the world. vv. 8-11
“And when he comes, he will convict the world…”
2. The Holy Spirit _______________ Christians. vv. 12-13
“…he will guide you into all the truth.”
3. The Holy Spirit _______________ Jesus. vv. 14-15
“He will glorify me.”
“The Lord, he is God; the Lord, he is God.”
1. When was the last time you experienced God move in a supernatural way?
2. Why do you think it was necessary for Jesus to leave before the Holy Spirit would come?
3. If the Holy Spirit guides believers into all truth, then why do Christians have doctrinal differences?
4. How do you want the Spirit to work in your life and in your church?