TEXT: Galatians 5:16-26
How come it is taking me so long to get better?
I. There is a ______________ for Fruit within each Christian. vv. 16-18
“For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit”
II. Fruit Produced by the ______________. vv. 19-21
“sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry…”
III. Fruit Produced by the _______________. vv. 22-23
“love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control”
IV. Winning the Battle for Spiritual Fruit. vv. 24-26
1. _______________ the flesh must be crucified.
“have crucified the flesh”
2. _______________ on the Holy Spirit.
“walk by the Spirit”
1. Where is the conflict between the Spirit and the flesh most noticeable in your life?
2. How do you “feed” the Spirit? How do you “feed” the flesh?
3. What attribute of the fruit of the Spirit do you want to grow in?
4. If someone asks you, “How come it is taking me so long to get better?” what would you say?