The Wonder of the Gospel
Passage: Romans 3:21–26
“wonder” = “a cause of astonishment or admiration, to marvel or to be amazed or astonished at something awesomely mysterious or beautiful”
“gospel” = “good news, the message of Jesus”
Romans 3:20, “For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin. But now.”
- The Gospel is a _______________ of Righteousness. vv. 21-23
- It is not earned by _______________.
- It is not _______________.
- It is not _______________ with man.
- The Gospel is a _______________ of God’s Grace. v. 24
“…are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.”
III. The Gospel is _______________ of God’s Justice. vv. 25-26
“…so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.”
- What are some earthy things that have caused your heart to be filled with wonder? …spiritual things?
- What part do you play in your salvation?
- How do self-sufficiency and pride keep you from being amazed at the Gospel?
- What will it take for the gospel to fill you with wonder?