A Hard Look at Sin
February 19, 2023 Pastor: Bill Thompson Series: Authentic Faith - James
Passage: James 1:13–15
There are 2 basic responses to trials: We can _______________ or we can ______________.
- Don’t blame _____________ or anyone else for your sin. v. 13
“Let no one say when he is tempted, ‘I am being tempted by God’.”
- You must understand the _______________ of sin. vv. 14-15
“He is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.”
“For every look at yourself, take ten looks at Christ.” Robert Murray McCheyne
- How is it possible for a Christian to have a “victim mentality”?
- Why is it important to recognize the source of your sin?
- How have you been blaming God for your sin?
- Are you a sinner who is saved or a saint who sins?
More in Authentic Faith - James
March 12, 2023Are You Kidding Yourself?
February 26, 2023All of God
February 12, 2023A Paradox of the Christian Life