A Hopeless Invalid
Passage: John 5:1–17
Sometimes what we think is our greatest need is not really our greatest need.
- When we meet Jesus, He _______________ us out in the crowd.
“One man was there who had been an invalid for thirty-eight years.” v. 5
- When we meet Jesus, He always gets to the ______________ of the matter.
“Do you want to be healed?” v. 6
III. When we meet Jesus, He wants to ______________ our religious traditions.
“Now that day was the Sabbath.” v. 9
- Why do you think Jesus only healed the one man? Was He unloving toward the others?
- Do you identify more with the invalid man or the religious leaders? Why?
- What religious traditions are hindering you from loving others?
- What will it take for you to want to be healed?