Discover Hope This Easter
April 17, 2022 Pastor: Bill Thompson
Passage: Luke 24:13–35
“Hope is the oxygen of our spiritual lives.” Soren Kierkegaard
“But we had hoped that he was the one to redeem Israel.” Cleopas
- The Cause of Hopelessness. vv. 13-26
- They _______________ from the other disciples.
- They held on to a _______________ expectation.
“…the one to redeem Israel.” v. 21
- They were _______________ by their hopelessness.
- They did not know the _______________.
“O foolish ones…” v. 25
- The Cure for Hopelessness vv. 27-35
- We must _______________ and _______________ the Scriptures.
“Did not our hearts burn within us…” v. 32
- Take the _______________ for your healing.
- Ask _______________ to open your eyes that you would see Jesus.
“And their eyes were opened, and they recognized him.” v. 31
- What is something that tempts you to lose hope? What are some of the causes of your disappointment with God?
- How would you counsel a person who is deeply disappointed with God?
- Do you have any expectations of God that might not be true to His Word?
- What steps do you need to take to discover hope this Easter?