Passage: Colossians 2:16–23
“These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.” v. 17
I. The Shadow of _______________. vv. 16-17
1. The Danger of Legalism.
2. The Solution of Legalism.
II. The Shadow of ______________. vv. 18-19
1. The Danger of Mysticism.
2. The Solution of Mysticism.
III. The Shadow of _____________. vv. 20-23
1. The Danger of Asceticism.
2. The Solution of Asceticism.
1. What are the shadows that captivate and fascinate you?
2. Why do so many Christians tolerate legalism and even see it as almost a virtue rather than a sin?
3. Why do you think Jesus reserved His harshest words for legalists and not those who had committed more immoral sins?
4. How can you stop living for shadow things?