The Strength of Meekness
Passage: Matthew 5:1–16
TEXT: Matthew 5:5
SERIES: Life in God’s Kingdom
“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.”
Point of the Passage: Life in God’s kingdom is characterized by an attitude of ______________ toward God and others which brings great blessing.
- What Meekness is Not.
- What Meekness Is.
III. What Meekness Looks Like in God’s Kingdom.
- The meek person thinks less of _______________ and more of others.
- The meek person is less _______________ or condemning of others.
- The meek person has had his or her _________ broken twice – once by sin, once by the love of God.
- How would you define meekness?
- Are you someone who is always defending yourself, defending your rights and fearfully trying to control your circumstances? Why do you think that is so?
- How do you think you can learn humility?
- In what ways did Jesus demonstrate meekness?