TEXT: Ephesians 5:20
SERIES: God’s Glorious Purpose for the Church
“giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ”
1. God _______________ us to be thankful.
2. We have more than enough _____________ to be thankful.
3. We don’t want to be counted among those who are _____________.
4. It is _______________ to give thanks always and for everything.
Point of the Passage: The filling of the Holy Spirit enables Christians to always give thanks for everything in Jesus Christ.
What does it mean to be filled with the Spirit?
To be filled with the Spirit means to be Spirit-_______________.
1. Is thankfulness an emotion you have or is it much more than that? Explain.
2. What other analogies for being filled with the Spirit can you think of that gets to the heart of what it means?
3. Of the four evidences of a Spirit-filled life, which one do you find most difficult to express?
4. How can you be thankful for 2020?