TEXT: Ephesians 5:22-6:4
SERIES: God’s Glorious Purpose for the Church
Point of the Passage: Husbands should follow the example of Jesus in how they love their wives.
I. Love your Wife as ______________ Loves the Church. vv.25-27
“Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church”
1. Husbands love your wives _______________.
2. Husbands love your wives by wanting only what is _______________ for them.
3. Husbands love your wives _______________.
4. Husbands love your wives by ________________ them.
II. Love your Wife as _______________ Love yourself. vv. 28-33
“husbands should love their wives as their own bodies”
1. Think about this proposition: Love is not the basis for marriage; commitment is the basis for marriage.
2. Is it possible for you to love your wife unconditionally? Explain.
3. What would be your response if a friend told you, “I don’t love my wife anymore. I don’t think I ever did”?
4. What are some practical ways that you can love your wife as you do your own body?