Not Even a Hint
Passage: Ephesians 5:1–5:14
TEXT: Ephesians 5:1-14
SERIES: Ephesians: God’s Glorious Purpose for the Church
Point of the Passage: There should not be even a hint of sexual sin among God’s redeemed and greatly loved children.
I. The Way to Sexual Purity.
1. _______________ who you are in Christ.
“as beloved children…as is proper among saints…which are out of place…has no inheritance in the kingdom…now you are in the light”
2. _______________ what God wants for you in Christ.
“Be imitators of God…walk in love…now you are light in the Lord…
Walk as children of light.”
3. _______________ to God’s design for sex.
“But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints”
4. _______________ a plan to resist temptation.
a. I must admit that I am _______________.
b. I must be _______________ of the world’s lies.
“Let no one deceive you with empty words…try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord”
c. I must set some _______________.
d. I must ask for ____________.
“Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.”
e. I must admit that I _______________ do it.
II. The Way Back to Sexual Purity.
1. _______________ and repent.
2. Receive _______________.
3. Ask for _______________ daily.
1. Have you believed the world’s lies about sex? Why?
2. How does understanding who you are in Christ motivate you to live a holy life?
3. If someone said that the Bible does not forbid sex outside of marriage, how would you respond?
4. Why do you find it so hard to ask for help? What will convince you to do so?