TEXT: Ephesians 4:7-10
SERIES: Ephesians: God’s Glorious Purpose for the Church
Point of the Passage: Believers are to maintain unity in the body and build it up through the use of the diversity of gifts.
1. Every member of the body is _______________. v. 7
“But grace was given to each one of us”
a. A spiritual gift is a special _______________ given by the Lord which is used to build up the body of Christ.
b. There are a _______________ of spiritual gifts.
Ephesians 4:11, Romans 12:3-8, 1 Corinthians 12:4-11, 27-31
c. The removal or _______________ of your spiritual gift makes the body of Christ incomplete.
2. Every gift has been given at a great ______________. vv. 8-10
“descended into the lower regions, the earth”
1. How can a Christian discover his or her spiritual gift(s)?
2. Why is a believer’s purpose in life tied in so closely with the local church?
3. Has this passage changed the way you think about spiritual gifts? How?
4. Do you know your spiritual gift(s)? Are you putting it to use in the body?