TEXT: Ephesians 4:1-6
SERIES: Ephesians: God’s Glorious Purpose for the Church
Point of the Passage: The call of unity is so important that we are to do whatever it takes to maintain it in the church.
1. General Principle: Live a life _______________ worthy of the calling in the body of Christ. v. 1
“to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called”
2. Specific Application: Be eager to maintain the _____________ of the body of Christ. v. 3
“Be eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace”
3. Unity in the body of Christ depends on _______________. v. 2
“with all humility and gentleness; with patience, bearing with one another in love”
4. Unity is the body of Christ is based on _______________. vv. 4-6
“one body…one Spirit…one hope…one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all”
Jesus prayed, “that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.” (John 17:23)
1. Why does the fact that Paul is in prison give weight to his words?
2. Do you ever find yourself thinking that it is hard to be humble when you are perfect in every way? If so, REPENT!
3. Why does maintaining the unity of the body of Christ take so much effort?
4. How important do you believe the call of unity is? What are you doing to maintain it in Grace Presbyterian Church?