TEXT: Matthew 9:35-38
Point of the Passage: A revitalized church will proclaim the gospel in word and deed motivated by a love for lost people.
I. Sharing the Gospel in Word. v. 35a
“…proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom.”
1. We must _______________.
2. We must use the _______________ of God.
II. Sharing the Gospel in Deed. v. 35b
“…healing every disease and every affliction.”
Jesus was moved with compassion by people’s:
_______________ and _______________
Three descriptions of the spiritual condition of the lost:
3. like _______________ without a shepherd.
1. From your viewpoint, is Grace balanced in her approach of sharing the gospel in word and deed? Explain.
2. Why is it important that the gospel be demonstrated in your actions?
3. Francis of Assis is credited with saying, “Preach the gospel at all times, and if necessary, use words.” Do you agree with his statement?
4. How do you really feel about lost people? Contempt? Compassion?