TEXT: 1 John 4:7-12
Point of the Passage: Faith expressing itself through love proves that we are followers of Jesus.
1. Loving others proves that you are _______________ of God and ______________ God. vv.7-8
“Whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.”
2. Loving others proves that you are _______________. vv. 9-10
“…he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.”
3. Loving others proves that you are _______________ by God. vv. 11-12
“Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.”
1. Do you agree that the Christian life is best summed up with the word “love”? What are other words that sum up the Christian life?
2. What do you think John meant when he wrote, “God is love”?
3. Is it biblical accurate to say, “God’s grace is free, but it is not cheap”? Why? Why not?
4. If someone examined how you love others would he be convinced that you are a follower of Christ? Explain.