TEXT: Philippians 4:6-7
1. Anxiety is ____________ problem. v. 6a
“Do not be anxious about anything.”
2. God’s solution for anxiety is _______________. v. 6b
“but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.”
1 Peter 5:7
3. Prayer with _______________ is key to overcoming anxiety. v. 6b
4. God promises to replace anxiety with _______________. v. 7
“And the peace of God, which surpasses understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Jesus’ invitation: “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” (Matthew 11:28)
1. Why do you think anxiety is such a big problem for Christians?
2. What are the things that cause you anxiety? Explain.
3. Why is thanksgiving so important to overcoming anxiety?
4. In addition to prayer, what other spiritual solutions are there for anxiety?