Passage: Mark 1:14–20
TEXT: Mark 1:14-20
SERIES: Mark – Who is Jesus?
“Cheap grace is the preaching of forgiveness without requiring repentance, baptism without church discipline. Communion without confession. Cheap grace is grace without discipleship, grace without the cross, grace without Jesus Christ.”
Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
“Now after John was arrested, Jesus came to Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God.”
I. The Message of Jesus. vv. 14-15a
1. The message is a ___________________ in human history.
“The time is fulfilled”
2. The message is that the kingdom of God is __________________.
“The kingdom of God is at hand.”
II. The Calling of Jesus. vv. 15b-20
1. The first step is to _______________.
2. The second step is to _______________.
3. The third step is to _______________.
Is Jesus calling you?
1. Why is it cruel to not talk about sin?
2. What is Jesus asking you to give up in order to follow Him?
3. What would it take for you to begin “fishing”?
4. Have you accepted the call of Jesus?